Tuesday, January 13

Money plan

Husband and I have burned through our savings and now have a car debt. Granted, we will have our car debt paid off by May, but that's still debt. Here are my current steps and current plans for replenishing our savings and curbing our spending appetites.
  1. Instead of spending $2k on a new fridge, I spent $143 on new parts for our current fridge. We are missing some of the door storage and that is greatly impacting the amount of space we can use.
  2. I'm unsubscribing from all emails that want me to buy something. For instance, I will no longer receive an email from Smith & Hawken letting me know they are having a sale, or from Amazon, or Bath and Bodyworks, the list goes on.
  3. For Lent, we will not eat out. For the whole forty days. We will only eat what we make in our kitchen.
  4. For the last two weeks of Lent, we will have no-spend weeks. Very much like what Simple Natural Nourishing did for the last two months of last year. You can read about it on her blog. We will only pay for gas and any bills that are due during the last two weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Great goals!

    I emailed you with a few thoughts on your questions.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Wow, you've been busy. Busy posting and just generally busy! I'm exhausted just reading about your activities.

    Alas, I have no duck recipes. I've never worked with it.

    More later - everyone's gone for the day - why not me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. simplenaturalnourishing,

    Thanks for all the info in the email. I'm now looking up books.

    Princess Kate,

    Thanks for stopping by! Yes, I'm trying to be more consistent in my posting.

    ReplyDelete