Anyway. Here is me making my own facial cream cleanser:
- The ingredients
- emulsifying wax
- grapeseed oil (used for 70% of carrier oil)
- rosehip oil (used for 30% of carrier oil)
- tea tree oil
- I have added the 1/4 teaspoon of borax to 1/2 cup of water. No picture. It looks like 1/2 cup of water.
- Then I put the tea tree oil into the other measuring cup and add the grapeseed oil, then the rosehip oil (you could use 1/2 cup of just one carrier oil)
- Next I add the 1/2 ounce of wax. You can't see it but my kitchen scale says 1/2 ounce. You can see how dirty it is.
- Now I've heated the oil and wax for about a minute in the microwave to melt the wax
- Next I heated the borax/water for a minute. Then I slowly poured the hot borax/water into the warm oil/wax while using my stick blender. This was tricky as my measuring cup wanted to spin. Pulsing the blender instead of letting it run helped. Husband helped with these pictures.
- And here I've poured it into my beautiful cobalt blue jar.
If this works for my skin, then I spent $40 on enough ingredients to make 3-4 of those jars. That's way cheaper than buying quality cream at the spa. I tried some discount face cream once. That's not a good idea.