But first, I'd like to pat myself on the back for what I've accomplished so far in my journey to eating real food.
- No more diet coke (or diet croak, as Lil' Bruddr calls it). I've all but eliminated diet coke from my diet. I used to *have* to have one in the morning and one in the afternoon after lunch. Lately I get a craving for it about once a month and then I only drink about a fourth of the can before I throw it away. It just doesn't taste good anymore. In its place, I've developed a stark-raving-mad addiction to green tea. Green tea is supposed to be good for fertility, so I think this is a good thing.
- Farmer's Market and Coop shopping. I had to step into this whole new world of shopping almost on my own. Princess Kate was kind enough to orient me in the Coop. As a result, we are eating food that is grown or raised close by and naturally. Do we pay more? Well, yes; but we are getting more for our money.
- Severe reduction in processed foods. I'd noticed that my pantry has a lot of space in it lately. Then I realized it's because I no longer buy the foods that have an extended shelf life.
- Raw milk. Find a source for raw milk and get some. Then pass this source on to my WAPF group members.
- More eggs. I need to incorporate more eggs, especially more raw egg yolks, into my daily diet. My moto is "Eat eggs to make eggs". Husband said that moto is fine for me, but I'd better not come up with a similar moto for him.
- Ferment something. I really want to make my own sauerkraut. I have the whey, finally. I just need to do it and stop being chicken.
- Kombucha and fermented drinks. Make my own kombucha and fermented drinks. I'm especially interested in the fermented stewed fruit drink that is in the Eat Fat, Lose Fat book. It's supposed to be like Dr. Pepper.
- Eat more shellfish. Actually that could be stated as "eat shellfish", because more implies that we are eating some now. That's not the case.
- Learn more. This will include studying the adrenal posts on Nourishing Gourmet's site as well as my own research.