- Did not take into account that we would need to eat on Saturday and Sunday. Therefore the spaghetti that I had planned to use for lunch yesterday was already eaten. I had to improvise which led to me taking toast triangles and chicken liver pate for lunch. This did not work and I ate out in addition to eating the pate. If I had packed some of the soup to accompany it, that would have worked.
- Expected myself to cook and bake way too much for one weekend. I need to focus on doing the long prep so that I can cook during the week. For instance, I made the rice for the cheesy beef and rice casserole, so that all I have to do when I'm ready to make it is to brown the ground beef and mix it all together.
- Roasting the chicken on Saturday was a success. They were delicious. I have cooked chicken meat that I can use in a casserole or fried rice. I used the carcasses to make a delicious broth.
- The lentil soup was also a resounding success. Husband can't get enough of it and it's chock full of good stuff. I used homemade broth in place of the water. Between the bone broth, collard greens and lentils, it's a very healthy meal.
- Spreadsheet was a success. It was very useful to have the spreadsheet. That was not wasted effort as I feared it might be. It also allows me to start planning future weeks in advance. That way I know what to look for and buy at the markets.
- Eating. We did not eat out all weekend because we had yummy readily available food in the house. Even when my evil friend tried to talk us into sushi.