Monday, August 4

Monday Monday, so good to me

Here I am on the wrong side of a weekend again. I'm sipping on my Diet Coke, which is my self-reward for actually coming to work today. Don't get me wrong, I love my job. I just love sitting on my ass playing Professor Layton and the Curious Village even more. I also love sleep. Of which I did not get enough. I know all of my friends who are new parents (which is nearly *all* of them, by the way) are laughing because I don't know what it is to not get enough sleep. To all of these friends, I have to say, shut. it. I'm not in the mood for all of your "I'm such a martyr for my baby"* crap. Just be glad you have a baby.

Now that my Monday-morning mood has been well established, let's move on.

I actually had a very good weekend. I managed to get up and jog Saturday morning, and then I was off to the spa. Nothing like starting off the weekend with hair being pulled from your labia. It really wakes you up. It's all the adrenaline from the pain, ya know. Non-sarcastically, though, the touch ups really are not that bad. And my facials are doing a good job of giving me that nice healthy skin I've always wanted. I always leave the spa a few hundred poorer, but feeling like a million bucks.

We even made it to mass on Saturday evening and then to Presbyterian church on Sunday. And, AND! I met people at church. Here's the short story, long.

I don't know about you and your church, if you have one, but at mine we have this "sharing of the peace" time. I do not like this time. It's smack in the middle of the service, which for me, is in the middle of my reverential prayer time with God. I hold this dear. People are supposed to share God's peace with each other just as Jesus did with the disciples before serving the first communion. However, this just turns into some sort of social minute in the church. There is a lot of "Hi! How are you? What are you doing tonight?" crap. I always want to say, "Cut it! You share the peace of God and then shut your mouth and face forward." But I don't want people to hate me, so I don't say this. As for myself, I do not engage in conversation during this time and I share the peace with as few people as I can without looking like a jerk. So when the lady in front of me started asking me questions like how long we've been coming to this church and where are we from, it was uncomfortable for both of us. Mostly because I made it uncomfortable for her by using one word answers and avoiding eye contact. After service, though, I made up for it by being all bubbly and forthcoming with information. She then introduced me to some people. Turns out there are some very nice people in my neighborhood who attend this same church.

Now the new week is starting. I'm still hoping for a job offer, ovulation, unprecedented amounts of will-power and motivation for myself and more sleep.

*None of my friends actually do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment