Monday, October 6

Heathens again

Another weekend has passed and we did not manage to drag our lazy asses selves to church. That's not to say that I'm not in-touch with God right now. I'm not as in-touch as I'd like to be, but God is definitely not absent. I need to step up the prayer life. It's strange how much I will resist something so simple and so good. I even know that I'm happier when I've been praying. I enjoy the presence of God I feel during prayer. (I'm not sure "enjoy" is even the right word for it, it's not strong enough) But I always seem to think of something else to think about or to do instead of praying. And that something else is never fulfilling or beneficial. So, in my typical vein of making New Year's resolutions any time of the year, I resolve to start praying once everyday. After all, every fraction of a second is the start of a new year, even if it's not a traditional calendar year.

I made chicken broth last night. I did not use pastured chicken bones. I used regular old grocery store chicken bones. I decided I can't be that picky about my food until I quit working. Husband will use the broth to make chicken tortilla soup tonight. His soup is sooooo yummy. I can't wait. I don't even require the tortillas. There is one thing I'm worried about. I used the recipe in "Eat Fat, Lose Fat" and added apple cider vinegar to the broth. The recipe calls for "any" vinegar. I did not precisely measure. I poured and guessed. The broth has a sweet, apply smell. It doesn't smell bad. It smells quite good, actually. But I believe I used too much vinegar. And I also don't think apple cider was the best choice for the any vinegar. I know you are all dying to know how this turns out (especially my vegetarian reader), so I'll keep you posted.

Other than that, we spent copious amounts of money on clothes this weekend. Husband needed some new shirts and ties, and I also needed some new work clothes. We are now in a budget crisis along with the rest of the country. However, if a boost in consumer spending can in any way help the country's current economic situation, then Husband and I have done our part. You may express your gratitude through gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment