Wednesday, October 8

Fertility update

This visit with Dr. Physician went much better. It was fast and painless. And by fast, I mean I'm not sure he even took two complete breaths before he had measured my ovaries and uterus and prescribed Provera (medroxyprogesterone). Apparently I have a lot of follicles, which is good; but they don't want to eke out the eggs in a timely manner, which is bad. Provera will bring on my period in the next ten days. Then Husband and I will start our antibiotics and I'll get a hysterosalpingogram (HSG) to make sure my tubes are clear and open. Most likely they are and I'll start clomid to bring on the eggs. Go eggs!

I do need to make a list of questions for Dr. Physician. The lack of eggs is due to a "miscommunication" between my hypothalamus and pituitary glands. These are edocrine glands, I believe. I'm still in the process of researching this. I kind of feel like the provera and clomid and treating symptoms and not fixing the real problem. I'm concerned about long-term problems due to this miscommunication.

Husband also had his urology appointment yesterday. He has a swollen vein or blood vessel in one of his testicles. He'll need surgery. Like totally-under surgery. After surgery 75% of men see an increase in their sperm counts.

Here's our schedule:
Oct. 7th - 16th: I take provera, we get our blood tests, Husband tries to get in with his primary care provider to get a referral for his surgery

Oct. 17th - 20th: I should start my mense, on day 2 we start the antibiotics and I schedule the HSG (hysterosalpingogram, I like that word)

Oct. 28th: follow up to go over all this with Dr. Physician

I think this is setting Husband and me up for a really enjoyable holiday season. We may actually be preggers by Christmas! Or we may be suffering through disappointment and more hormones.

No comments:

Post a Comment