Friday, July 23

Habit forming

I like to form habits. Well, good ones. I like replacing bad ones with good ones. I'm also a fan of lists.

I think you see where this is going.

Here is a list of habits I've formed and ones that I want to form. I'll note my progress occasionally or never. I should probably put "update blog" on my list.

  • Read bible every morning for 15 mintues - Complete!
    This habit has been well-established. I'm currently in Acts and will have read the entire bible in about a year. When I'm done, I'm starting over again, only this time I'll take notes.

  • Ten minutes of prayer
    I'm trying to decide on morning or evening for this one. Praying in bed before I go to sleep is not working. I need to be awake. I'm not sure how God takes it that every time I talk to him, I fall asleep in the middle. I'm pretty sure I'd be offended if someone did that to me.

  • Eat breakfast every morning - In progress
    I've eaten breakfast the past two mornings. Oatmeal. I like it. In the 5 mintues it takes me to heat it up, I can unload and/or load the dishwasher. That's a bonus habit.

  • Take vitamins in the morning
    This includes a multi-vitamin, cod liver oil, coconut oil and a teaspoon of vinegar. I need to get used to breakfast first.

  • Exercise every weekday for at least 15 minutes - In progress
    I'm very lucky that a dear friend of mine is attempting this with me.

  • Take a lunch to work four days of the week
    This is a financial necessity.
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I wish you all the luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Attempting? Attempting Schmutempting... we're doing it! Working out, that is...

    ReplyDelete