Thursday, July 17

Change I can believe in, almost

The interview went well. I get along with my would-be boss and my would-be coworker. I did okay on the technical questions. I won't actually office in the super-cool new skyscraper building downtown; I'll be in the building next door. The users I support are in the super-cool building, so I'll just get to walk over there a *lot*. At the end of the interview, the interviewer said he would get an offer together for me. My fountain of excitement runneth over.

I stupidly tried to go back to work after this three hour interview. I almost cried twice. Then when I decided it was time for me to go home, I did cry in the car before I even left the parking lot. Did I mention that I'm pathetic?

Turns out that after having to talk about myself for 2+ hours, I can't stop. I talked to my brother the whole drive home. Talked to husband for an hour after he got home. Then went to my friends' house and talked to both of them until they went to bed. When I got home, I called mom and talked to her. Followed that up by literally talking to myself, about myself, while trying to get myself to get sleepy and go to sleep. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well last night.

I think I was in a state of shock yesterday. I've been at my current company for 5 years. That's a long time for me. It's the longest I've been at a job. I think I would've been less shocked if I'd found out I was pregnant. I've been prepared for that change for a year. And, o holy crap, what if I find out I'm pregnant right after starting the new job?

Now I have a CRAP LOAD of work I NEED to get done before Monday (going on vacation Wednesday) so that I won't leave a mess a.) when I go on vacation and b.) when I possibly leave permanently.

No comments:

Post a Comment