Friday, May 29

What a wonderful world

Today is our fourth wedding anniversary. I've been walking around with a goofy smile on my face all morning. Luckily I work with a bunch of slacker guys so I'm here by myself.

Four years sounds like a much longer time than it feels. It seems not-so-long-ago that we were sitting in our livingroom on the two pieces of furniture we owned, sipping coffee, surveying the wedding gifts (score!) and being so glad the wedding was over. Don't get me wrong, I loved my wedding. I loved every single minute of it. It really and truly was the most happy day of my life. It was the day Husband became my husband.

And I was prepared. I was prepared for all the bad times. The time I wanted to leave, the time I wanted *him* to leave and all the anger and hurt feelings in-between. I knew those would happen (and they did). I knew that was a part of being married. I knew that we would stick by each other and work through those times.

But I did not know how much closer we would become. I didn't know that I would end up loving him more as time went on. I wasn't prepared for that. And I'm glad. It's been a wonderful surprise.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. My husband and I just celebrated our 17th. It is incredible how much closer we are and how much more in love we are than we were 17 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melisa,

    Congratulations! 17 years is quite a long time.

    ReplyDelete