Wednesday, May 27

Okay, *now* I'm back

The first week in my new job position was followed up by a holiday weekend full of nausea, vomiting and urgently heading to the toilet, if ya know what I mean (and I think you do). Yeah for stomach bugs! Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? For a while I thought this stomach bug was not going to make me stronger.

New job is going well so far. I don't know enough to be responsible for anything yet; and part of extricating me from my former position means I'm no longer responsible for the stuff I do know. It's a pretty good position to be in.

Since I'm no longer focusing on trying to get pregnant, I'm going to focus on housework and exercise. I'm also still studying for the actuarial exams.

As for the cooking, I've signed up for a cleanse. This cleanse is being done by my acupuncturist and is an eating cleanse. Not one of those only-drinking types. I will have my breakfast, lunch and dinner chosen for me. I'll have to buy the groceries and make the food, but she'll tell me what to buy and make. Hopefully the benefits from this will be two-fold. One, I'll get a healthy boost to my system. Two, I'll be forced to get into the habit of making my own food.

Speaking of making your own food, I'm trying to make my own sourdough starter. I'm not sure it's going right. The instructions that I'm following say your starter may be frothy after a few days. Mine was frothy after the first day. I added a cup of flour and a cup of water last night per the instructions. This morning it was almost coming out of the bowl. I'm a little worried that it might greet us at the door when we get home today.

No comments:

Post a Comment