Thursday, December 18

Does good mean not great? Is good bad, or good?

We had another look-see at my lazy follicles at the ends of my ovaries again yesterday. The left ovary is totally out to lunch, but I have several on the right ovary that are measuring 12 - 13. I forget what the unit of measure is, but it's small. I have one on the right ovary that is measuring 16.5. This one is hopefully half of my first child. Dr. Physician said I had good follicular response to the clomid. Husband's testosterone is slightly above normal now. We are all set for a round of IUI, given that I actually have a LH surge (ie. smiley face on an ovulation test). I get to start peeing on sticks again! And this is not compulsive behavior, but Dr. prescribed! Oh! the joy! of peeing on a stick! I have to do this between noon and 3pm, which means I now have ovualtion tests in my purse and will be peeing on sticks at work. Sadly, this is not the first time I've peed on a stick at work. I used to have a problem.

I am very excited about doing an IUI round, but I have to say, I don't think it will work. I don't know if it's my subconcious taking control and convincing my concious that it won't work in order to prevent me from freaking out, or if I'm in some sort of denial. I don't know. I'll, of course, be happy if it does; but I'm not feeling it.

On to other news. I've learned 1 - 8 sparring techniques, 1 - 5 self defense and 1 - 3 short katas in Kung Fu so far. I've been lazy this week and have not been yet. I'll go on Saturday, unless I'm having a sonogram or IUI done. I wonder if I'll get to keep learning Kung Fu when I'm pregnant. I should probably check on that.

We made it back to church! Usually, if we were to miss one Sunday, the chances of us going the next Sunday were greatly diminished. We overcame the odds! And I'm glad we did. I always have to struggle to get myself to church, but once I'm there, I can't imagine why I would want to be anywhere else.

We have the Christmas tree up and decorated! Husband did most (read: all) of the work. I'm listening to Christmas music non-stop at work. Here is a link to my Pandora Christmas station that I have custom made for myself: http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh3446015485049388

Other than that, I've been learning more and more about WAPF, traditional foods and nutrition. I've also been learning more about the FDA. I don't trust them much at best and they scare me at worst. I'm definitely trying to cut out processed foods. You wouldn't know this by what I've been eating *this* week. Baby steps.

I've added a list of the blogs that I like to read for whatever reason. I mostly did this for me, so that I can keep track of what I'm reading in one place. You can use it too. The only one that I couldn't get to list is Pioneer Woman, http://thepioneerwoman.com. It's a pretty awesome site.

I'm at work right now, which means I really need to get back to reading those other blogs. Oh yeah, and finish building this laptop for our VP that is in from Dublin.

No comments:

Post a Comment