Thursday, June 26

Morning running

Exercising after work has not been working out for me. I'm starting to agree with my friends who say working out in the morning is good because then you don't have to worry about when you are going to work out for the rest of the day.

So, I did it. I woke up with my first alarm and went for a 30 minute jog this morning. I have to say, it wasn't bad. I feel pretty good. Morning air feels awesome. It gets up to 93F by noon here with a dewpoint of 74F. The air even seems clean and fresh in the morning, despite the fact that I'm in the city. I was able to get back to the house, showered and fed by the time that I'd normally be sitting in the rocking chair watching the news and drinking my morning drink. I even got to work earlier than normal. I did not see that coming.

In celebration of this change, I'm going to spend money. I'm going to RunTex to buy some new shoes and to Target to buy some new workout clothes. I see this as investing in my health. And I'm more likely to workout if I think I look cute.

We'll see how this continues. I'll keep you posted.

TTC update: I'm at 12 or 13 dpo (days past ovulation) and temps are still high. They even took a jump this morning. However I was hot and tossing and turning this morning as well. All tests have been negative. Even the ovulation tests that I thought were pregnancy tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment