Friday, June 13

I'm the spinner

Hello world!

I don't spin plates. Not in the actual plates-spinning-on-sticks way. My plates are things like, my job, my career (yes, these are distinctly separate), my marriage, my faith, my current family, my future family, my dogs, my house, my friends, my health, etc. You get the idea. I hope.

I haven't found a good balance for keeping all these things going at the same time. Sometimes I spin my friends, and my dogs and house plates start to wobble. Or I focus on my marriage and my faith plates, and my house plate clatters to the ground (Luckily some of my plates are melamine, so even when they drop, I pick them up and get back to spinning). Some plates have a higher priority than others. Some plates I spin because I know I have to, not because I want to, the health plate, for instance. Some plates I'm still trying to choose, like the career plate. Some plates I don't even have yet, like the baby plate.

So that's what this blog will be about. How I try to keep my plates spinning by learning how to mix balance and motion, which plates I should let fall, which to smash against a wall and which I should let someone else spin for me. I'd love advice and encouragement from all you spinners out there.

1 comment:

  1. I think we all have SPS (spinning plate syndrome), but the trick (for me) is to occasionally sit back and watch them spin, even when they wobble. Then again, I have a house full of broken plates. Wear shoes.

    p.s. Metaphors hurt my head.

    ReplyDelete