Thursday, September 30

My favorite things

I absolutely love this time of year. Season changes are so invigorating for me. I always feel so motivated, so energized, so not how I normally feel.

Fall makes me want to be home with the windows open, music softly playing, tea steeping, dogs sleeping, breeze drifting, bread baking, rocking chair rocking softly and feeling like everything is right in the world.

Needless to say, sitting in my cube with the halogens overhead and the overconditioned, cold air is a far cry from where I want to be. Luckily it's end of month, so I'm naturally reactively busy. I don't have to be proactively busy right now.

Here are some of the things that keep drifting through my head right now:
  • butternut squash soup with rosemary and gruyere croutons
  • camping trips
  • pansies and violas
  • falling leaves
  • the apple cider I make in the crockpot with butter in it. mmmmm butter.
  • the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies I have at home now. I make them with lard. mmmmm lard.
  • comfy sweatshirts
  • classical piano music and how I should start playing piano for 15 minutes a day
  • naps on the couch
  • how much I can't wait to have kids during fall

No comments:

Post a Comment